Whispering Pines Baptist

Church History

In 1950, Reverend W.T. Lundy, Bennie Carpenter and their families felt a great need to build a church in this community.

Pastor Lundy and Mr. Carpenter contacted Mr. Robert M. Vann, Sr., and asked if he would assist in starting a church.

These three men began their work and a Mission Church was formed. On October 5th, 1952, the Mission Church purchased land across the road and thus, Whispering Pines Baptist Church was born. The Church is 67 years old and still standing for Jesus.

 

"Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29b KJV